On October 5 of 2015, Byron and Sandra Sadler and their partners Lacy and Dorothy Harber purchased nearly 5,400 acres of the historical Y.O. Ranch.
Under the new ownership the ranch was renamed Y.O. Headquarters. Since then, extensive renovations have been made which includes new roads, brush clearing, new lodging and much, much more.
Steeped in history, the Y.O. Ranch remained the property of the Schreiner Family since 1880 when Captain Charles A. Schreiner began amassing the 566,000 acres of ranchland in the aftermath of the Civil War.
Y.O. Ranch Headquarters owners,
Byron and Sandra Sadler
From its humble beginnings as a vast ranchland, carrying through five generations, Y.O. Ranch Headquarters will continue operating as a premiere hunting and tourism destination.
The Sadlers and Harbers are dedicated conservationists, members of Safari Club International, National Rifle Association, Dallas Safari Club, Houston Safari Club, Exotic Wildlife Association, as well as a myriad of other organizations serving and protecting the wildlife community.
Renovations planned for the property will sustain the legacy of the historic Y.O.Ranch for generations to come.